Inside Sport newsletter: Get an expert guide to the biggest moments shaping the world of sportGet our free Inside Sport newsletterGet our free Inside Sport newsletterFormer Scunthorpe defender Jonathan Gjoshe has revealed he was stabbed seven times during a train attack last year.The 23-year-old was among the victims of a mass stabbing on a Cambridgeshire train in November. Mr Gjoshe was travelling from Doncaster to London when the assault took place.“I was just sitting on the train, chilling. The train’s done this stop. Then suddenly someone’s come over my right shoulder and stabbed me,” Gjoshe said in an interview with the BBC.“I got stabbed in the shoulder first, that was the first stab. I remember jumping over the table, jumping over the chairs.Jonathan Gjoshe, 23, was stabbed seven times in the incident (Instagram/sufcofficial)“I was just running down the corridor, telling people, ‘There’s a guy with a knife, run, I’ve been stabbed, run’. I was screaming. I think I was the first person that got stabbed. I felt the pain. But adrenaline kicked in.“As I got down the first carriage or the second carriage, I pulled the alarm and I was just drenched with blood.”Asked how many blows he sustained, Gjoshe replied: “Seven. Seven wounds. I got stabbed seven times.”Gjoshe was with Scunthorpe last season and had been loaned out to Bottesford Town, where he had been playing on the day of the attack.Anthony Williams, 32, was charged with 10 counts of attempted murder (AFP/Getty)It was announced by Scunthorpe earlier this month Gjoshe had not been retained and the defender is hoping to return to football.“It’s happened, it’s life, thank God I’m alive, that’s the main thing. Can’t look back at it, just got to move on,” he said. “My main thing was getting back to football, that was the only thing on my mind. Getting back to football, playing and hoping I would get that chance.”Anthony Williams, 32, was charged with 10 counts of attempted murder over the incident and will stand trial at Cambridge Crown Court in October.How the attack unfolded(PA Graphics) (PA Graphics)The incident, which took place on November 1, 2025, took place on a London-bound train.The 6.25pm service from Doncaster departed on time before speeding through the Midlands and into Cambridgeshire, making brief stops at Retford, Newark, and Grantham as planned. The service was set to arrive at King’s Cross before 8.30pm on Saturday night.At around…
Try WordAi Free
2026-05-18 10:29:12

