Monday, February 16, 2026
3.1 C
United Kingdom
More

    Latest Posts

    Matt Brown claims the UFC is using Conor McGregor to bait fans for White House event

    In just a few months’ time the premier MMA promotion hopes to pull off the biggest event ever with the UFC White House event.

    On June 14, the premier promotion lands on the lawn of the White House for what they are hoping will be a one-of-a-kind historic event in combat sports.

    Up to this point, there are still no confirmed fights to take place on the card, however, it was recently confirmed by Dana White‘s UFC boss that there will likely only be seven or eight fights on the entire event.

    And with that, fans are uncertain of what to expect, especially considering the fact that Donald Trump previously claimed there would be eight or nine title fights on the card.

    Matt Brown claims the UFC doesn’t have enough stars to pull off ‘best event ever’

    This past week, White confirmed that matchmaking has begun for the UFC White House event which once again raised excitement amongst fans.

    And ever since the event was announced it has been consistently teased as the ‘biggest event ever’, with the expectations being that all of the sport’s biggest stars would be competing on the event.

    However, UFC legend Matt Brown has doubted the promotion’s capabilities of putting on the ‘biggest event ever’, claiming that they don’t have enough stars to pull of such a feat and are using Conor McGregor‘s name to promote the event.

    “It’s hard to imagine (it won’t be a let down),” Brown said in an interview with MMAFighting.

    “They don’t have the stars they used to have and Conor (McGregor) is not fighting on it, I don’t give a f— what anybody says, and I don’t care what he says, I don’t care what Dana says, he’s not fighting on it.

    “They’re using him to promote it and using his name to get out there. He’s not fighting on that s—, bro. And even if that is signed and a done deal, I’m not gonna believe it until he’s inside the Octagon and a punch is thrown.

    “Who do they have for stars? Particularly American, right, but just stars all around and I think that’s a risk to take to only be doing six or seven fights because you know this sport, you could get six or seven boring fights, easily,” Brown continued.

    ‘The Notorious’ has made it clear ever since the event was announced that he wants to make his highly anticipated comeback on the card.

    And although it seemed likely that the Irishman would clash against Michael Chandler finally, White shut that fight down earlier this year.

    Conor McGregor holding his two UFC belts while wearing…
    2026-02-15 23:00:00

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest Posts